Father's Day weekend was spent in Perry with some fun boating, dinner, killer bunnies and of course a game of croquet.
Originally we were just going to spend Saturday in Perry, but Sunday we made a quick trip up after evaluating our dinner options (frozen pot pie vs. ribs and brisket)... Also, Les considers Father's Day to be his own personal holiday.
No pictures of the skiing, but I was very happy to do a quick ski (after a couple tries) around the bay! Thanks Mom and Dad!
The following week was spent looking at a couple houses (no purchase yet), work, and enjoying the lovely weather. Friday night Ethan and I decided to go to The Brick Oven and who did I run into? My favorite Trish! It took a bit to convince Ethan that I REALLY didn't know she would be there- it was blessings from the Brick Oven!
We also tried a s'more crepe from The Awful Waffle in Provo.
The evening was ended at the Skate Park! My favorite line from Ethan's new 15 year old friends was when they asked Ethan how old he was. When Ethan replied "26" the kid said "Dude, you are 26 and still skate? I am proud of you bro!" Amen brotha.
The next day we hit Seven Peaks for a bit before picking up Trish and heading north for Heather's Baby Shower. I really should have taken some pictures- Elise threw a fantastic shower. I really loved that we got to decorate a onsie for baby Roderick (just like gilmore girls.)
Following the shower Trish, Heather, and I headed to Salt Lake for our annual girls night. We stayed up way past our bedtime chatting and catching up. I just love these ladies! (Plus, look how great Heather looks!) Ethan was a real trooper while I was at girls night and spent the night at my parents (while everyone else were out on dates) and worked on refinishing a wooden swing for my mom. Isn't he the best? I think so too.
Sunday found me back in Perry for family pictures (and to pick up Ethan...)
A backwards Z for Zander- thanks Jordan!
This last week we have had a lot of fun with Ethan's twin stepsisters. They came from Nebraska and we had a great few days with these girls (and I totally forgot what it was like to be around 14 year olds.) The girls and I went to Veteran's Pool in Provo Thursday and Friday. Friday we headed to Tepanyaki's and the Lehi Round Up with The Andersons. Saturday found us at Seven Peaks with The Wiests and ended the day with movie night. Sunday found us playing catch phrase, church, and a lovely family dinner with The Daltons!
Katy got a sliver from her chopsticks- only Katy... :)
Saturday morning I had a 10 mile run- after which I had to stop at Harmon's for their salsa. A few drinks were on sale- and apparently I was REALLY thirsty.
I ran by Bridal Veil Falls- so pretty!
Seven Peaks ended with Dippin' Dots- can life get better? I submit that it cannot!
June was a whirlwind- hopefully July goes a little slower.


Ooh, I'm wishing I was playing in the water right now too.
ReplyDeleteHow was Seven Peaks? We're thinking of heading there at the end of July.
Fun times with the family!!!