Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break 2012!

During Spring Break the Bracken family headed to California!

We flew out Wednesday morning and headed to Newport Beach upon arrival. (Unfortunately it was quite chilly.)
 
 Pacific Ocean for our first time together.
 Lexi and Jordan jumping for joy!
 Jessica and Julie's first time at the Pacific ocean.
 Jessica really loved the sand.
 

We had a great walk on the pier, and loved seeing a seal!
 
 

Thursday was day 1 at the happiest place on earth. Ethan quickly became the king of the Fast Pass. 
We decided to eat something shaped like Mickey Mouse each day- Day 1 was pancakes.
 
The first ride was Space Mountain.
 
 
 I waited patiently while most the group went on Star Tours, then it was off to the Jungle Cruise.
 Splash Mountain.
 
 Then the Winnie the Pooh ride with Jessica and meeting some stars.
 
 
 
After Winnie the Pooh- it was off the races at Autopia. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On Thursday we also rode The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney Railroad, Big Thunder Railroad, some braved the tea cups, and Indiana Jones before heading back to the hotel for dinner.

Big Thunder Railroad
 Our fearless driver on Indiana Jones...
Mom and Lexi on the Teacups.

After Dinner we caught the tail end of the parade, and hit the rides at Fantasyland before the fireworks- The Storybook Land Canal Boats, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and King Arthur's Carrousel.
 
 
 
 
 
 

The Fireworks were AWESOME! 
 
 
 
 
 

Following the fireworks we were happy to try on some hats (Jessica actually got to keep hers...)and head to the shuttle.
 
 Day 1= SUCCESS!!
 


Day 2 started with Finding Nemo Submarines.
 
 
 We also went on Star Tours (this time I joined them), Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Alice in Wonderland, and Snow White's Scary Adventure before heading to California Adventure. Unfortunately Jordan was sick all of Thursday, but he was feeling much better Friday and joined us in California Adventure after we got off the California Screamer...

After the Screamer I wasn't feeling too well...  After the screamer we met up with my dad, Jordan, and Jessica and got our fast passes to World of Color. We then gathered those who dared- and headed for Tower of Terror.

Following the Tower of Terror, I watched Jessica while the rest went to Soarin' over California. We then headed over to the picnic area for lunch.
 

After lunch, I headed back to the hotel with Tacy and Lexi for an afternoon nap. I received the following pictures- Ethan was so happy to have 9 fast passes!!
 Ethan and Adam took Jordan on most the rides he missed on Thursday.
 
We returned refreshed and ready for the parade. Ethan/Jordan/Adam held down some awesome benches for the parade. 
While he waited, he requested I find him a jumbo turkey leg. Lexi joined me and the quest for a turkey leg for Garrett. The quest was successful and I was well pleased to deliver a jumbo turkey leg to Ethan!
 
 
 
 
 

 I also found a Mickey pretzel for our food challenge.






We waited for the parade- and it didn't disappoint. I really loved Jessica blowing kisses to the princesses- SO CUTE. It was also my Mom and Dad's 32nd wedding anniversary!
 
 
 
 
 
After the parade (and following the parade for a minute) we headed over to World of Color at California Adventure- so Awesome! We also hit Goofy's Sky School Roller Coaster before the show.
 
 

 World of Color was so great- it made me want to go home and watch Disney movies. After World of Color we headed to Toy Story Mania which might be the coolest ride there.
 
 Ethan toasted me...

After Toy Story, most of us headed to the shuttle. Ethan and Jordan ran over to Indiana Jones... ended up missing the shuttle... and then decided to walk the 2 miles back to the hotel. Crazies.

Day 3 was the rainy day. We had the Magic Morning pass so we got into the park an hour early. We started on Peter Pan's Flight, over to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride again, over to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, then Ethan and I waited as my mom, Lexi, Julie, and Jessica went on the Finding Nemo Submarines. My dad and Jordan soon met up with us and then they went on Star Tours again (for Ethan's 4th time.) We then went on Space Mountain, It's a Small World, and went through Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough before heading over to California Adventure with Jordan. Ethan, Jordan and I even got to ride in an old car to the front of the park.
 
 
 
 
 

Once in California Adventure, Jordan headed to the California Screamer while Ethan and I headed to Ariel's Undersea Adventure. Then we grabbed a corndog from where-else but the Corn Dog Castle.
 
 

 After lunch, Ethan and Jordan went to ride Soarin' Over California and I went to find a Mickey Mouse treat (and snowglobe.) By this point we were pretty wet so we headed back to the hotel. We had a great time in the hot tub, napping, and then having dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. 
 
Unfortunately, our flight was cancelled late Saturday night so our Sunday morning started at 3:15 am. We had to drive up to LAX to fly home. We had such a wonderful vacation and a fantastic time with the Bracken Family.
And now a couple pictures of Jessica that make me laugh everytime I see them-



Thank you Mom and Dad for the visit to the happiest place on earth- we LOVED it!


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you used to leave me messages on my phone they were so long that by the time it got to the end, i was talking back to you and then i would have to remind myself you weren't really there. That is how I felt with this post. I kept talking to it, oh jessica is getting so big, oh i love your red pants, space mountain is my very favorite ride, i want that turkey leg, i love the brackens, of course you didn't go on the teacups but you went on tower of terror, and many many more comments. But you can't hear me so i have to leave insanely long comments to get some of it back to you. Loves!
    also is your number 435-313-3536?
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a blast! Disneyland definitely takes at least two days, huh!

    I loved watching to see what food you found like Mickey, ha ha.

    And the pictures of the ocean makes me wish I was on vacation! ah

    ReplyDelete