Monday, October 24, 2011

A couple outings.

Last week Megan and I had a couple outings to Witches Night Out... It was only going to be one night- but we were missed informed about the evenings it was being held. So Thursday night was our "test" night and the real deal was Saturday evening. It was so much fun and definitely on my list of things to do each year.
 I really enjoyed getting my witches nails done with a couple spooky decals.
 

Thursday Ethan and I went to Benihana's for my final birthday celebration. When you have a coupon for $30 off, it MUST be used. So we took a quick trip to Salt Lake for a fun dinner.

Saturday Ethan and I headed to Perry for my mom's birthday celebration and a trip to the corn maze with my siblings. Lunch was at Maddox- and boy was it delicious. We were also fortunate enough to sit in the Board Room- we felt pretty important.

After lunch we had a great time playing with Jessica and doing some visiting. Ethan also had a nice talk with his mom while lounging in the hammock out back. It was such a beautiful fall day.
 Garrett & Julie, Lexi & Matt, and Ethan and I headed to Nelson's Corn Maze. It naturally turned into a race to see what couple could finish first.

Ethan employed as many techniques as he could. He picked up some corn to toss if needed.
  He used GPS to pin some of our locations.
And he left a trail of corn to keep us from double backing on our path.
 Despite our best efforts- Garrett and Julie came in first. I believe their time was just over 17 minutes.
 We came in 2nd with a time of 19 minutes.
 Lexi and Matt came in 3rd with a time of 20 minutes.
 Ethan than removed the kernals from a cob of corn so we could make popcorn.
 Then he did some tricks. (No photos of the nose shooting trick unfortunately.)
 And a normal photo to end the adventure.

After we got lost and found (and didn't even need to call 911) we headed to 7-11.
Ethan got the slurpee but not the huge rice krispie treat. I mean I love him but not enough to spend $13 on a rice krispie treat.

We ended the night with a great visit at his grandparents. 

Tomorrow I am taking an outing for my hair. Nervous? yes. Excited? yes. Will I chicken out? possibly.

3 comments:

  1. 13 bucks for a rice crispy treat?? Sheesh-

    Can't wait to see what you do with the hair though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We love the corn maze! My advice is chop your hair!!!! I love mine:) You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sad that you guys didn't win the cornmaze race. But at least you guys are darn cute while doing it. Seriously, do you only post the hot photos of the two of you?
    I love your witch costume, I love that rice krispy treat, and more than anything I am dying to see what you do with your hair. Be bold, it will always grow back:) Missin you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete