Tonight I turned into a chicken.
Remember my hair?
This is the longest I think my hair has ever been. I was getting sort of tired of having it long. Last week I was 100% going to cut it similar to this.
I made a phone call and set up my hair appointment with my hairdresser Steph for today. I was able to leave work a bit early so I picked up Tacy for some sisterly bonding and away we went.
*Last night I went into total panic mode. I got real nervous and started Google-ing things like "Will cutting my hair make my face look fat?" and "Short hairstyles for thin hair." I was noticing how I am surrounded by long hair and couldn't decide if I really wanted to cut my long hair. I couldn't sleep last night and ping-ponged all day today on if I should cut it or not. I know hair grows back. I know I like having short hair. I didn't know if I was really ready. I didn't know if I wanted to commit 2 years to growing it back out if I decided I didn't like it. I also didn't know if I was tired of my hair because I didn't like how heavy it had got or if I actually wanted to cut it.
Today we got to Steph's and I decided to cut it off. Steph proceeded with the coloring and when she started washing it out- I got knots in my stomach. I wanted to cry when I thought of cutting it off so I told her that I didn't think I could go through with it. She said she would start cutting it for a "long" cut and if I changed my mind I would let her know.... She cut off 6-8ish inches and really thinned it out. At times I thought maybe I should go for it- but then we were out of time because Tacy had YW. So I am currently sporting my experiment hair cut.
The experiment hair is feeling nice- long enough to curl (and short enough to hold curl) while long enough for a few variations (ponytails, buns, and braids.) Steph and I agreed that I would keep it for a couple weeks to see if I feel the urge to continue chopping- because it will be a lot less traumatic from this length to short. Or if I miss my long locks and want to spend a few months growing it back. I feel like it is a win-win. And you bet I am wearing my Gilmore Girls shirt- Oy with the poodles already.
Am I disappointed that I didn't cut it all off? a bit. But do I regret not cutting it all off? nope. I am stinking at making any decisions lately so I like being able to ease into my decision. Plus my head feels 5 lbs lighter.
Here is to hoping we have something more exciting happen soon so that I don't have to write anymore long posts about my hair....

I think it's cute!! I thought for sure you were going to chop it off from your earlier post. I still am tempted to cut it short. It's so easy and you can basically get it to style how you want it every day... PS the witch night out looked so fun!
ReplyDeleteLove it. I think it was a good choice. So happy to see you in your GG shirt and also you have nice boobs:) jealous.
ReplyDeleteNever fear...it has taken me about 5 months to convince myself that I really do want to chop my hair! I think yours looks great though!
ReplyDeleteI like your hair! I love the bangs:)
ReplyDeleteYou hair was so beautiful long but I know how it feels to get some "pounds" off your head! I don't know, I think you'd look as sexy as Katie with that cut!
ReplyDelete