Sunday, July 10, 2011

Independance Day and other Happenings

June ended with a bang! Ethan taught a skimboard making class and my favorite Murrays and Radants were in St George for the week. Thursday evening we went to their condo for a delicious BBQ, visiting, and just enjoying the night.

I welcomed July by getting off work a tad early and going swimming with Trish, Loreli, and the Radants. Ethan took Cory and Zack skimboarding. 
 
Saturday involved a 10 mile run, more swimming with Trish, purchasing a new swimsuit, swimming with the Wiests, purchasing my first snow cone of the season (it was terrible- dude totally stunk at making it.), purchasing fireworks, and of course the Gunlock Rodeo! Unfortunately the only pictures taken were as we left the Rodeo. We had a great time sitting next to Neal and Georgette during the rodeo. Ethan enjoyed the rodeo nachos and a rodeo chili dog. I enjoyed my second snow cone of the day (much better than the first) and a sprite. 
 
 

Sunday morning as I was getting ready I determined it had been a great weekend. How did I know?- I had 3 swimsuits out to dry.

Sunday was also when my cousin Stan blessed his new baby Caleb. The blessing was beautiful- and the luncheon after was delicious. We had such a great time visiting and eating.
We topped Sunday night off with some fireworks! One of the fireworks tipped over so it got a little scary for a minute. Once the two small fires were put out and the water bucket refilled- the show continued. The first picture stinks- but notice the fire behind...
 
Monday Ethan had to work until 10. He came home to a patriotic breakfast. (Technically he came home and I sent him to the bedroom for a while until it was finished.)
 
 
 
After breakfast Ethan made a flyer for the first ever Sandy Crack Skim Camp. Once it was complete, we went to town to hang them up and then get my third snow cone of the weekend. (This one was easily the best.)
 
 

We also went to the Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the new St George Carousel.
After a small break down and once the sun decided to shine- we headed to the pool.
After swimming we went to a delicious BBQ with the Stouts and Olivers. We ended the night at the Sunbowl with a fantastic firework display.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment