Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Best Weekend Ever.

A few weeks ago Heather had a FABULOUS idea. She would come down from Washington, I would come up from St George, we would grab Trish in Provo (while she is home from Canada for a couple months) and the 3 of us would spend an evening in the Courtyard Marriot in Provo. Seriously- BEST IDEA EVER.

We would have taken pictures Friday night but we were real busy laughing, talking, swimming until my feet were so pruney Trish didn't think they would ever return to normal, eating treats, and some more laughing. It took me right back to Fall semester of 2005 when the 3 of shared a room. We stayed up way past our bed time until Heather reminded us that it was 2:30 in the morning... haha 

Saturday morning we woke up slowly- but once we were awake we were once again laughing about the night before. (Heather is great at chiming into a conversation when you think she is asleep. Especially if you mention Hunger Games... ha) 

Once we got ready we were headed to brunch. Heather suggested Mimi's Cafe- this would be her 2nd BEST IDEA EVER. We walked in and as they sat us we noticed there was someone pretty special sitting pretty close to us- Elder Holland and his lovely wife. We were as giddy as giddy could be. We waited until most the wait staff had asked for pictures when we snuck in with a "Since you are up- could we get a picture?"

I told Elder Holland that I was a Horlacher from St George- He responded with "Well then we are related! This is a family matter." They were just as wonderful, funny, and gracious as I had imagined. Plus I love that he gave me a couple squeezes. Sister Holland told Trish that she loved her scarf. Elder Holland asked "What are you girls doing here? Having breakfast or lunch?" Brunch would be the correct answer. If you thought we were giddy BEFORE the picture- you should have seen us after. You might have mistaken us for a bunch of star struck 5th graders. IT WAS AWESOME. I will always let Heather choose were we eat in the future. It is obvious that she is full of inspiration.

Also- the food was pretty good as well. Trish had Lemon Poppy-seed pancakes, Heather had a french toast/cinnamon roll combo, and I went with the crabcake omelet. We all agreed the food was good- but we loved it just that much more after our photo-op.
 
 
We topped breakfast off with my most embarrassing story. I swore I would never tell anyone- but when the 3 of us get together, it just happens. I was happy that I made Heather laugh enough she had a tear or two.

We capped Saturday off by looking at a couple apartments for Ethan and I to potentially move into. We also got to see how adorable little Lo really is. Here is our farewell picture.
It really was a perfect weekend. Good thing we made a pact to do it every year. Thank you Heather and Trish (and husbands) for making last weekend happen.

In other news- Ethan finished another longboard. It is pretty sweeeeet. (The white part glows in the dark.)
We are still looking for a place to live in Utah County. We have had a couple nice places sort of lined up and both have fallen through- so the hunt continues. 

We also just keep running and running and running. We completed 9 miles last weekend and have a 10 mile journey to look forward to this weekend. 

Ethan has also become pretty good friends with a couple guys he works with- one of which is my cousin Stan. It was really fun to go to lunch with Stan and Amy today (and to see their adorable new baby Caleb.) We are really going to miss all our wonderful friends and family when we move. 

Does anyone else watch The Voice? I am totally digging it!

No comments:

Post a Comment