Monday, October 25, 2010

Hunting of Deer

Friday afternoon we left work a bit earlier than normal. We met up with my uncle and followed them out to camp. We LOVED the road signs in the middle of no where.
 We hunted and hunted and hunted on Saturday and Sunday. We also did plenty of walking, hiking, and sweating.

 I didn't shoot a deer, however I did draw blood. On my forehead....

We were walking the horses along and my dad spotted a nice buck a couple hundred yards away. I grabbed my gun and sat down. After the first shot I said "I am bleeding" (as I was reloading) my dad looked and said "you are fine, just shoot. Ethan get the horses." So I shot another couple times but that buck was out of there. After the buck was gone my dad looked at my head and said "If Moe was here we would have him put a couple stitches in. You'll be fine." As I sat and held tissue up to my head and put some pressure on the wound, my dad went to go help Ethan round up the horses that took off after the first shot. I left the tissue pressed against my head the rest of the day and my ear warmers kept the pressure on it, I was also called "Patch" the rest of the day.

By the time we headed off the mountain Sunday evening, I think everyone was looking forward being back at camp.

When we finally got home I took off my bandage and this is what I had to greet me. I didn't shed tears until this point. I guess the shock of actually seeing what it looked liked freaked me out. I started crying as Ethan took a look at it and said I needed stitches. So I called my uncle Moe and asked if he would take a look before I forked over $200 to go by the hospital for stitches. He cleaned it up and super glued it together. I have found going to a vet is a lot cheaper than a physician...
 This is what it is looking like today. It isn't very pretty and it really hurts to sneeze, but it should heal up pretty nice. I am sort of bummed that if I am going to have a scare on my forehead that it isn't a lighting bolt shape.
It was a fun and exhausting hunt. We hunted about 11 hours on both Saturday and Sunday. We loved camping out and using our new tent! We also loved the delicious deer camp food. The rain only came down Friday night (all night... so loud in a tent...) but fortunately we didn't get caught on the mountain in a down pour. All in all, I would say it was a very successful hunt in the whole we saw wild turkeys, shot at a deer, had a lot of fun, and made a few fun memories sense. In the whole bagging a buck sense and not letting the scope hit you in the eye sense, maybe not so successful.

P.S. What is up with the whole everytime I get an injury it is on my face deal-e-o?

No comments:

Post a Comment