Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Crash

Yesterday was an emotional day of packing and sorting and crying. By last night I was pretty ready for a break so we decided to take the longboards out for a spin or two. Brent, Ethan and I managed to make a few good runs.... then I said "Let's go for one more." Famous last words.
Right after the above picture was taken, we saw a grate across the road. Earlier in the night we almost had an accident with Eth and I when we crossed the grate too close so we separated. That is the last thing I remember.

My next memory is yelling at Ethan for telling me I no longer worked at Shift 4 and that I was starting a new job in Salt Lake. I got so mad at him for lying to me... well I guess what I thought was lying to me. Apparently as I crossed the grate my wheel got stuck (I was going really slow) so my board stopped and I fell face first. Ethan said he heard a thud and looked over and I was out. After I came too he said I acted alright but had a hard time walking and so he picked me up and put me in the car. I started shaking pretty good so they took me to the ER. It was at the ER that I started yelling at Ethan. Once I gathered my senses I knew I had to get my insurance card out. Also- I just kept telling them I had bit my lip. I told them many things over and over and over and over.


I don't remember much from the hospital except I believe I recounted my whole life story to Brent and Ethan trying to remember everything. I even included "I have my yellow shirt on today- huh?" They discharged me and sent me on my way...It was a long night of being woke up and having an ice pack on my head. This morning I almost started to cry when I saw my swollen head and realized I am not much of a pretty girl. haha. Ethan said I looked better than I ever have. Today my head is hurting pretty good and I look more like this...
This whole head injury has caused me to delay my moving to Orem by one day. Friday is now the day I plan on moving on up... depending on what my head is feeling like.

3 comments:

  1. Good thing Brent didn't get hurt. I would've been pissed at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes those are quite the battle wounds. At least it has a semi cool story behind it. Can't wait till you come up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouchy.. band aids made me feel better when I was a kid... Did you try that? You still look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete