We had just got done jumping from Jumping Rock and seeing a swim turtle when we headed home. Once home he suggested we go for a walk on the beach. I was still in my swimsuit so I said "deal. I am ready." He mumbled something about that he was going to change into regular clothes because we were eating dinner when we got back. I then said something to the lines of that is fine, but if I am going to take time to change into normal clothes I should shower. His response was we didn't have time to shower and go for a walk before dinner so I put on my normal clothes and we walked.
When we got to the beach we ditched our flip flops under a shrubbery and started walking. He said we should look for shells and I was only slightly confused because the beach by his mom's house is next to the reef so usually its only coral that washes up. I wasn't expecting a proposal because 1) I was sure he didn't have a ring and 2) he wasn't going to propose to me when I had wet hair, no make-up, and we had just been swimming in the ocean.

As we walked we stopped to swing on a rope swing and we casually looked for shells. Apparently he had put down a shell coin purse (two small shells clasped together) and I walked right by it. So he picked it up and set it down in a much more apparent place. When I picked it up I could hear some rattling and as I opened it up he got on one knee.

It was awesome and a VERY happy surprise. OF COURSE immediately after many YES!'s and a couple WOOT WOOTs I started asking a million questions. As we walked back to the house he let me in on the fact that everyone at the house knew exactly what was happening.
We celebrated with a great dinner and walk to 7-11 with the Salonys where we picked up treats like Hello Pandas, Cheetos, Pineapple Crush, Sprite, and Peanut Butter M&Ms. And if I say so myself- we looked pretty dang pretty at our celebration that night.

Let the wedding plans begin! (or actually continue!)
No comments:
Post a Comment