A couple weekends ago we headed up to the Mirror Lake area for a night of camping, tin foil dinners, s'mores, and freezing temperatures.
Ethan and I had a great time. Jemaine? He was not as impressed. I think he was contemplating life, missing his bed, and his lawn while gazing over the lake.
Last week we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! We got a couples massage and enjoyed Cafe Rio!
I also had to say Farewell to Trish.
(Fortunately I got to see her a couple of times last week.)
Thursday was wonderful. I was able to visit Tacy (pre-baby), have a hair appointment, see Trish, and have a delightful conversation with Heather!
Friday started a small stay-cation for Ethan and I. I started Friday with a 16 mile run, then some pool time. Friday afternoon we headed up to Perry with a stop for dinner at Pat's BBQ. Friday ended with a game of Horse-opoly! And I was the WINNER! (Basically because we cut the game short.)
Saturday Ethan went out to the ranch while I took Jemaine on a walk, relaxed, and waited for my dad to bring in the load of cattle and pick me up. After a ride out to the ranch, we had a delicious BBQ, and a nap. Right before we were going to leave, someone called to let us know some cows were out. The problem? Garrett & Julie and my Mom and Dad were in SLC visiting Tacy, Adam, and baby Katherine. So Ethan and I headed down to help, until my dad got back in town. We enjoyed a short visit with Sam and a ride in the 4x4. (I really enjoyed driving it for the first time.)
We ended our Saturday in a cabin up Ogden Canyon with the Stouts. We played games, laughed a lot, and enjoyed meeting baby Levi! After the Stouts went to bed, Ethan and I enjoyed the hot tub and then went to bed in our twin beds. :)
Sunday we had a hard time saying goodbye. We got back with minutes to spare for me to teach my primary class. The rest of Sunday was busy with naps and Sabrina The Teenage Witch.
Last night Ethan and I were able to meet baby Katherine. She is so tiny and absolutely adorable!
In other news...
We enjoyed free rootbeer floats from A&W.
The 7-11 that opened 2 blocks from our house.
And the fact that one of Sandy Crack Skimboards' riders was on the cover of FlatLand Magazine!
No comments:
Post a Comment