Sunday, August 26, 2012

Painting, moving, saying goodbye, and some fun!

Last weekend Ethan and I hosted a painting party with our awesome families!

Friday night we taped everything off and finished our cabinet doors.Saturday our families showed up and the girls painted the three basement bedrooms (that were all white) while the guys helped Ethan move the big furniture over. (Sorry, I didn't take too many before pictures- just think WHITE everywhere.)

 We went with a light gray as our base and kept all the white trim. In the office, Ethan wanted a blue wall and it looks great!
 
 
 
Once we get things set up (and each room organized) I will post a few more pictures.

Our cabinets turned out great and we love our new countertops. We are waiting on our fridge to arrive and we desperately need a back splash picked out/installed- but here is a little teaser of how the kitchen is coming together.
Before

After

Our goal is September 5th to have everything in and complete! Wish us luck!

We also had to say goodbye to our 337 house. We had lots of happy memories in this apartment- and my key was super awesome. It feels great to have everything in one house- even if it isn't organized yet.

After the paint party I was able to have a bit of a girls night with Michelle and visit Hobby Lobby for a living room project and dinner at Chili's.

On Tuesday my favorite Elizabeth was in town and was able to come visit! We spent 4 hours chit-chatting on our sofa. My goodness I miss that girl. I am already planning a trip to Michigan when the baby arrives next spring.

Ethan and I went to J-Dawgs for our first time this week and it was a pretty good dawg.

We were also VERY HAPPY when trash day arrived this week!

This weekend we drove up to Perry to purchase a stove and microwave. We also enjoyed a trip to Call's Family Drive-In and boating with Ethan's Aunt/Uncle/cousins. So much fun!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see what you've done to your house! It was Great before but with all the work you are doing it will look amazing!

    ReplyDelete