Ethan and I bought (not sure if that is really the right word...) our first home! It is a lovely little bungalow in North East Orem. We had a few nervous moments during the process, but really it went very smoothly. Ethan's Aunt Jan was our awesome lender and his Uncle Brad was our realtor. It was wonderful working with people that always had our best interest in mind.
We had a couple neat experiences surrounding the closing that made me feel incredibly blessed and watched over. I really felt that the Lord was making it all fall in place for us.
We closed on Tuesday, July 31st and received the keys on August 1st. We are happy homeowners that are currently up to our ears in re-painting the kitchen cabinets. We are looking forwad to the cabinets being complete and the new countertops being put in next week. We are painting a few rooms on Saturday and plan on moving in the first part of next week. Here are a few pictures...
Us wishing the kitchen would remodel itself.
Front of the house.
Officially ours!
Kitchen mid-way through.
More before/after pictures to come in the next few weeks!
Thank you Aunt Kris and Jeff & Hilary for the wonderful happy new house cards. We loved them!
In other non-home news, a couple days after purchasing the home I was able to join aunts/cousins/mom/niece for Auntie Kris' Birthday dinner! So fun!
A most happy (late) birthday to my other mother! I love you!
In other non-home news, a couple days after purchasing the home I was able to join aunts/cousins/mom/niece for Auntie Kris' Birthday dinner! So fun!
A most happy (late) birthday to my other mother! I love you!
Congratulations! Such a cute little house, and all the work will be very worth it. Promise!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOK, I will try again! Congratulations to you on the new house! So excited for you two! This is Aunt Patty, if you can't tell. Now I'm waiting to see if you get a dog to go with that house!
Delete