That is right, my name is Stephanie and I am a shrimp junkie. Don't believe me- read ahead to read a whole post on shrimp.
Ethan and I had a coupon for Red Lobster so we went tonight for their endless shrimp.
My love of shrimp started young. Fortunately my dad helped encourage my love of shrimp by bringing me his leftovers. Strange? Perhaps. I remember 2 or 3 occasions when he would come home from dinner with my mom or business associates and pull a little napkin out of his shirt pocket. Inside the napkin was a piece or two of heaven. Sometimes dads are just super awesome like that.
The last time I had endless shrimp was probably when I was 15-16ish. My dad took my siblings and me to Sizzler for Steak and all you can eat shrimp for $9. I promptly gave my steak to my brothers and focused my full attention on eating as many pieces of shrimp as possible. I believe I ate around 75 pieces that night- such a proud moment. I didn't feel the need to break any personal records tonight- but it sure was tasty.
Tonight was a fun night with both the food and the memories it brought back.
No comments:
Post a Comment