Ethan and I celebrated our first anniversary on Sunday. On one hand, this year has gone by so quick. We feel like it has just cruised by. On the other hand, sometimes it seems like we have been married for much longer (in a good way.) We have had a wonderful first year- full of fun adventures, a few tears, and lots of laughs. I am so thankful to have Ethan as my husband.
We had a fun anniversary weekend. Friday night we had dinner at Guru's and really enjoyed picking out couples on their first dates. Saturday we had a lovely 16 mile run. (Part of which was along a course where there was the Provo Canyon Half Marathon. Ethan enjoyed the water stations. I enjoyed having someone cheer me on that I only had 1 mile left... but in reality I had 11 miles left.) We also went to the Scera outdoor pool Saturday afternoon and helped move the Wiests move in next door. Saturday we went to PF Changs for dinner.
While at PF Changs- we really enjoyed The Great Wall of Chocolate!
After dinner we enjoyed some Flight of the Conchords.
Sunday we were able to attend the baby factory our ward, where we heard the excellent comment in Sunday school- "There is just so much testosterone in the MTC." from a lady in our ward that works in the MTC. We sat by some really nice people in our ward and lots of young couples. I am sure we are going to have a great time.
After church, we had some visitors come wish us a happy anniversary. Thank you Lexi and Matt for our special gift and card. (The card says "Today is your 1st Anniversary. Congratulations.") (Also, please ignore the mess... we are still getting settled.)
We also pulled out the top of our wedding cake to share. It tasted surprisingly delicious.
After watching our wedding dvd, then it was present time. Ethan got me a beautiful painting of Christ. (He also got one for him.) I got him tickets to a concert and some new tools. Ethan also surprised me (and him) on Monday with a couple more gifts he had forgot about. A cookbook filled with delicious recipes, and a digital picture frame for my office with a memory card full of pictures of the two of us.
We had such a wonderful weekend... and past year. Thank you Ethan for being such a wonderful husband- I am looking forward to many more years with you!
Happy anniversary!! And welcome to the narth.
ReplyDelete