Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ethan's Birthday!

*This was a 2 for 1 post kind of day. I posted another post about the skim competition and other fun stuff but because the birthday post was longer than expected, it got bumped to the 2nd page. :)
 
We started celebrating Ethan's birthday earlier this week. (See the post below...) Friday we got our 13 mile run out of the way early in the morning so we could enjoy our weekend. Friday night we had dinner at The Village Inn so he could get his free slice of pie!
After dinner Ethan had to help put a stereo in a friends truck. I came home and cleaned, made yard sale posters, and added more stuff to the pile.
 
When Ethan got home and we stayed awake until 12:01 so I could wish him a happy birthday!! Saturday morning started much earlier than we wanted. We had to get our stuff over to the Stouts for our Yard Sale! I was loving the yard sale. I was selling stuff left and right. We had some interesting customers- one lady even brought her cat. Strange. One lady asked Ethan and TJ if they were twins. TJ said "yes" at the same time Ethan said "brothers." They really need to get their story straight.
 
 A picture of the twins.. or brothers...
 TJ and Ang's little boy's new favorite thing is to sit in his window. He climbs behind the curtains and blinds and is in his own little world. Ang and I were laughing while taking the pictures. He is at such a cute age.

Following the yard sale, Ethan went to donate the items we didn't sell and I went to run a couple birthday errands. We met at the new Kneaders Bakery for lunch and boy was it delicious.
 
Following lunch, we went home to quickly change so we could meet the Stouts at the City Pool so Orvil could go down the "big slide." I LOVE the Hydrotube! TJ and I made a deal that the first one of us couples to strike it rich gets to put a hyrdotube at their house.
 
 
 
 
Following the pool, it was time for a birthday nap (thankfully). Then presents!
 
 
 The goods...
 The best worst birthday card ever. Here is the front...
 And the inside. It says "May today be a magical creation that blossoms from deep within your imagination." There are all sorts of fairies, butterflies, castles, flowers, and so much more.
Ethan's birthday "party" was us, The Stouts, and The Wiests taking motorcycles up to Springdale and eating at the Bit 'N Spur. We had an excellent time. It is a trip Ethan has been wanting to take for awhile, so I am happy it finally happened. We are also so happy we could have some of our best friends with us!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Awesome helmet/wind blown hair.
 
 Stuffed Jalapenos.
 The birthday boy with his pollo rellano.
 Delicious Fish Tacos.
 The twins with their virgin (or as Ang calls them "Mary") Strawberry Daquaris.
 Deciding on dessert. Such a hard decision.
 Singing Happy Birthday! A nice candle on the Creme Brulee.
 



It was a little later than we planned when we got home. I still stuck 26 candles in the hamburger cake and sang to him. Turns out 26 candles is quite a few.

Today we have been recovering from such a busy birthday. It was a wonderful weekend! Today was my last day in Young Women's and it was sort of sad. I have really enjoyed this calling.. Though it has been a bit of a treat at times.. We are gearing up for a road trip this week and the big move in 2 weeks. 
Happy belated birthday Ethan! I love you very much and I hope you had a wonderful day. I love you very much!

2 comments:

  1. We had a blast with you guys!! Thanks for being born Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice birthday day, nice burger cake and mostly nice birthday card. Happy late birthday Efan!!!

    ReplyDelete