Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a bit dull around these parts

Life has been sort of busy, boring, and enjoyable lately. A couple weekends ago we got a slip-n-slide and I taught our friend's 2 year old boy how to really have fun. I wish I had a picture...We have been doing lots of running/training. On Saturday we had a 7 mile run. I was pretty freaked out but it went WAY better than I thought. 

While on our run we saw signs for a yard sale. After we finished/stretched we went to get my car from the drop off point and swung by the sale. Turns out for a dollar you can get your own craps table. Perhaps now we will learn how to play without risking any money.


 Saturday we also took advantage of our fifty cent per gallon discount at Smiths. We filled up both cars and from "E" to brimming. (We both literally coasted into the gas station.) Even with the pain at pump- we were excited to save $16. Wahoo!

Saturday I also got some pretty good pool time. I really love having my pool out back. I will never have another summer without my own pool. Saturday evening was capped off with a very fun girls night. Pedicures/movie/fro-yo. It was very fun and much needed. I forgot to take any pictures.. oops.

Sunday evening Ethan cooked the best meal ever. BBQ pork, creamed corn, garlic bread, and corn. I am well pleased that I married someone who cooks well.

 I was in charge of dessert. I had been dying to try a reciepe I had heard about- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars. It was VERY good in my own humble opinion.
You can find the recipe here.  Feel free to thank me later. 

We are excited to for a weekend in Perry this weekend and to spend some time with our families. We are sort of dull- but still pretty happy. Happy June!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow...that recipe looks way too good. Definitely going in the "recipes to make" folder.

    ReplyDelete