Thursday, April 28, 2011

A beautiful weekend.

Last weekend was lovely. 
On Saturday, one of my best friends got hitched. I am SO HAPPY for her and Joe. 
Ethan and I felt very fortunate to be able to attend the sealing ceremony. We were extra happy when we found out they were being sealed in the same room we were. 
Once out of the temple, all of Elizabeth's nieces (and a nephew) didn't want to let go of her dress. Ethan and I got a pretty good laugh.
(How much do you love their little dresses?)
 Elizabeth's sister-in-law Holly made my dress. It turned out super cute-
I will definitely be adding it to my rotation of dresses.

 Holly is the girl next to me in the pink. 
She is as great as can be- and her three kids are adorable.
 After the pictures were complete- Ethan and I grabbed lunch at one of new favorite places, The Hot Grill.
(I think that is what it is called... we just refer to it as "the hot dog place.") 
Below is Ethan's pastrami dog. I believe he really enjoyed every last bite.
 I went with the Utah Burger- and we shared some sweet potato fries. SO GOOD.
 The reception that night was pretty fun. Ethan was the DJ- and a mighty cute DJ at that. (I didn't get a picture, but I think a couple of our friends did...) I was also able to spend some time with my favorite biology girls. I can't believe it has been 2 years- my goodness.
 Happily Ethan was able to sneak away from DJ duty for a quick dance... anyone who was at our wedding knows that we aren't the best slow dancers...haha but it was fun.
 Sunday morning came with a surprise- the Easter Bunny showed up!
 Ethan was happy with his missal launcher- and I LOVE my jump rope. 
I think the Easter Bunny is rethinking her gift giving after Ethan followed her around the house launching missals at her all morning. ha
Easter was beautiful. We had stake conference (where we learned our stake had been split into new wards...) I really enjoyed all the wonderful talks about Christ and the true meaning of Easter. Ethan and I were able to spend some much needed relaxed time together- it was really wonderful.

This week has been busy. Monday night we had FHE with the Wiests at Cafe Rio. We also watched the movie "Red." I really enjoyed Red. a lot. 

Tuesday was an up-and-back trip to Orem for work... (I had to train someone to do my job while we are Mexico. 9 more sleeps- but who is counting?) The Wiests joined us for the trip so they could check out UVU. We were able to stop at PF Changs for dinner before heading back home. DELICIOUS!

Tuesday I started feeling sort of sick- but I thought it was maybe just allergies. (I swear up until this year I have never had allergies- perhaps it has just been a bad year?) Wednesday Ethan and I woke up and both were fighting off a cold. By the time I got off work, it was all I could do to stay awake. It wasn't a pretty sight at the Zander house. Lots of tissues have been used in the last couple days. I am happy to say I think we are both kicking it pretty quick. 

Ethan starts his finals tomorrow- once they are complete he will have his Associates of Science. I am super proud of him! Plus I always love a good reason to celebrate- and I think that will be an excellent reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment