Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break and the Monday following.

Now that I am out of school, technically I don't really get a Spring Break. Fortunately my husband does, so I get to celebrate with him. Our big spring break plan was for us to go to Eagle Point and snowboard on Thursday. I worked a couple hours in the morning and then we headed to Beaver (and then an additional 18 miles up the mountain.) After driving approximately 2.25 hours, and passing several cars going DOWN the mountain, we found out the power was out. Therefore the resort was CLOSED. crap. The good upside was the manager felt bad we drove so far, and gave us 2 free passes.

On our way down the mountain, we stopped to take a picture of all the snow. It sort of felt like we were going back in  (weather) time. We seriously went from 75 degrees, to snow higher than our car.



As we headed down the mountain, we ran across an employee from Eagle Point that needed a ride to Cedar. Ethan was super glad to drop him off because he sort of smelled. Once we got back to St George, we ate some lunch and I headed back to work. We were happy to watch the BYU game and be awed by Jimmer.

Friday night I went with Shauntae to Tangled. Super cute movie. And surprisingly, we weren't the oldest people in the theater.

Saturday I helped at a team roping and got home just in time for the BYU game. After we were awed once again by Jimmer, we headed to Simply Mac so I could pick up a new ipod. Please meet my new green nano.
I was sort of hesitant to purchase it, because I was weary of spending the money. I couldn't decide if I "really" needed it. I have been running more lately, and either I don't take music- or I bother Ethan's ipod. It seemed to be working well for us. As Ethan and I talked Saturday, he reminded me that I have been working really hard lately, so I could justify it. BOY OH BOY was I happy he helped me justify. Last night we loaded "my music" onto the new pod. We are talking *N'SYNC, Destiny's Child, HelloGoodbye, and of course FUN. I couldn't stop dancing around the house last night. It is AWESOME.

Today I was able to go to the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Jeffery R. Holland Centennial Commons Building at Dixie College. I loved being able to listen to Elder Holland speak for a few minutes about his love of Dixie and education. Then Ethan and I were treated to a nice lunch with my dad at the Frostop. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment