Maybe this information is far too much to share with the world but I am cranky so I am going to share it anyway.
I started my day by going to a new doctor for a premarital exam. Turns out my sweaty palms and loss of appetite from the nerves was not really warranted. The exam wasn't too bad (she let me skip the pap smear) and she was awesome to talk to. We discussed a couple birth controls and I found one I felt the most comfortable with. I left her office feeling like I had made the right decision. Then I call my insurance company and what do they tell me? "Oh, you have a $1000 deductible so you will need to pay all $715 for the implanon out of pocket." Perfect because with an upcoming wedding and move I just happen to have an extra $715 laying around.
This starts a series of calls from me to the doctors office (we can offer a payment plan for the implanon), then back to the insurance company (we can cover the IUD for only $25 dollars if you have 1 of the 3 we cover put in, if you do the nuva ring you have a $500 deductible and then 25% after, if you do YAZ it is the same as the nuva ring, if you do a generic pill it is only 10%).
I am so frustrated and I am going to tell you why.
1.I don't want something that I am going to have to go through 3 or 4 months worth of trial and error before I find one I like. Call me lazy or selfish or whatever. I don't really want to put my body through that and I certainly don't want to put those around me through it either.
2. I know we don't HAVE to go the birth control method but seriously I think I would like the peace of mind knowing there is a 99.98% chance we won't be expecting a bundle of joy until we are fully ready.
3. If stupid insurance will cover the IUD, why won't they cover the implanon? It is very similar, the difference is it goes in my arm and last 3 years instead of my uterus for up to 5.
4. I like the idea of an IUD until I remember I have A) not been sexually active THUS B) I have yet to bear any children so it will most likely be rather painful and can cause random cramping and bleeding the first 6 months.
5. I don't like the idea of the shot because I don't really want a period 4 times a year. To me it just seems unnatural. I know it works for many girls but I am not comfortable with it.
6. This whole being a girl is a bunch of crap right now. I am so frustrated because when I FINALLY found a stupid method I felt would be effective, low maintenance, and not make me go crazy- it costs $715. Thanks insurance for having my back.
No comments:
Post a Comment