oops... I stink at blogging.
I have had a lovely week. Is that how long it has been since I blogged? oops.
I am 24. wow. It seems like I should be further along in life than I am, but I am happy so that is what counts.
What would make me more happy you ask? Well let me take a moment and vent.
Most of you know that I have been planning the BEHS class of 2004 reunion. This is something I have worked numerous hours on the past few months. I have spent lots of my own money making sure that everyone was informed about the reunion. I have really worked hard at making a reunion that is affordable, enjoyable, and something everyone would want to come to.
I realize everyone is busy. I know that money can be tight. I understand high school doesn't always hold the best memories for all. But this is our 5 year reunion. We had a graduating class of 426. I had thought 100 people might RSVP. Nope. We have had around 20 people RSVP. I am frustrated that I have spent so much time planning a reunion that apparently 5% of our class wants to attend. Yes those that have RSVP'd are wonderful people and I know we will have a great time. I think one of the most frustrating parts is that so many of my classmates live in the BC area. I would say 95% of the invites were sent to people in the area from Logan to Provo.
We made the reunion short- 2 hours. And it is an open house so they can just come, eat, and leave.
We made the reunion affordable- $12/person, $20/couple. Where else can a couple go to dinner and eat a delicious catered dutch oven dinner for $20? With dessert included.
I am sorry to vent- it is just frustrating that my graduating class has more duds in it than I thought.
My mom was telling me about one of our neighbors. They have never had a class reunion. They are about to have their first reunion. It is also their 20 year reunion. I didn't want this to be our class. I wanted our class to be like my mom's class. They have great turnouts at each reunion and a reunion every 5 years. Unless we end up having a much better turn out than we are currently expecting- I highly doubt we have a 10 year. I mean- who is going to plan it and put in all the work if less than 5% of the class are going to come?
well I really am coming to the reunion! Hopefully alot of people will RSVP this weekend, all of us procrastinators...way to work hard for the class!
ReplyDeleteHey Stephanie! I ran across your blog when I was on Lee's. I'm sorry you haven't gotten a very good response for the reunion :( This makes me nervous for next year when I have to plan mine! If you need any help contacting people let me know! Good luck!
ReplyDelete-Lisa Zhang