I had a friend ask me what I have been up to in the past 5 years... He instructed me to give him all the grueling details. And so, if you are wondering- here it is. A brief (but not too brief) synapse of my last 5 years.
Just remember as you are reading this- you asked for details....
Let us start in August of 2004. I moved to St George and began my academic career at Dixie State College. I was fortunate to be a part of the Ambassador organization and help recruit new high school students- it has paid for my school for the past 5 years and I have met some funny people. Plus getting hit on by high school kids always makes me laugh.
During my freshman year of college I discovered the joy of concerts, usually of bands that aren't well known. I chopped my hair off real short and colored it dark... I also lived with a girl that ended up being my bestest friends. Together we shared an apartment with a bulimic girl that loved to binge eat on our food. She was also a compulsive liar and kept around 8 cartons of cigarettes in our freezer.I stayed in St George the following summer and Heather Curtis moved down to live with me. We had a lot of fun and practiced synchronized swimming often.
During my sophomore year of college I continued living with Heather, also my best friend/roommate from the year before lived with us and there was some other girls as well. Heather, Trish, and I shared a room for one semester before Trish left. I had never really shared a room before but turns out I loved it... only with them. I never dared risk sharing a room since... During my sophomore year of college I discovered my love of going up and back trips to concerts. One day we drove down to flagstaff and hit up the Format before coming back that night. I also went skinny dipping in the ocean for my first time. Let me tell you how much I loved that. So so so much. After my sophomore year I finished my associate degree.The summer of 2006 was fun. Heather was still down here and we lived with a couple girls that had become some of our best friends. That summer we made a portable pool in the back of our roommates truck and she drove us around town and to get a sno-cone at the snoshack. We also had an extreme slip'n'slide that rocked. We are talking crisco, water, and dish soap... and surprisingly enough no injuries. During June of 2006 I also became a rodeo queen. ha. It was awesome. I rode my horse in a lot of parades and signed many autographs for my young fans. Being a rodeo queen helped me discover that I am not a fan of wearing white wranglers up to my boobs... but I do in fact enjoy wearing sparkly tops, crowns, cowboy boots, and a sash. My family took a family vacation to Europe and it was fantastic. We visited Germany (during the world cup) Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, and Italy.
I began my jr year of college still as a pre-nursing major. Half way through I decided that I would rather be a biology major so I switched... During the beginning of January I met a boy and we fell in love. I had thought of switching schools after year #3 but I was dating said boy so I stuck around. I also lived with a girl that hot boxed her room.That summer Heather moved back to St George so that was super fun for me.(she moved up to Logan in Aug of 06) I also spent a lot of time with that boy I was dating. This summer my family took a trip to cancun. It was great- I also learned that vinegar doesn't really relieve the pain of a sunburn, it will however make you smell terrible.
I began my 4th year of college as a biology major and was still in a happy relationship. It had taken a turn for the serious and I was well pleased. I also met one of my all time favorite friends during chemistry lab. Overall I would say this was a pretty dull year for me because I was working and going to school and dating said boy. There were some highlights and lowlights though. I went sky diving and loved it. My roommate kicked Shauntae and I out because her boyfriend was moving in. I hated that. Right after the semester got over (so May of 2008) The boy and I broke up. Turns out it was a huge blessing in my life. I took a couple summer classes and learned I had a huge love of Infectious diseases. I also went to Texas this past summer and hung out with Shawn- I love San Antonio. (Who am I kidding? I love every place I get to go visit. That is why I am so envious of your life.)
This past fall I started my last year of college and now I am in my last semester. I live with one of my best friends in a house that is only one step above being homeless. But it is our little homeless shelter so we love it. I will be interviewing with a company in Salt Lake when I go home over Spring Break and hopefully I will be moving up there in May. Highlights from this year would include having Tim be my Christmas break boyfriend, turning 23 on the 23rd of September and having a golden birthday party and well, just being real close to graduating.
I am now debating if I should actually send this... I don't want you to think I am a loony. But maybe I am. haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment