Sunday, December 28, 2014

Month of May!

May started out lovely!

On May 2nd, Ethan graduated from UVU with his bachelors degree in Physcology with a minor in Digital Media. Ethan's mom Chris came to cheer him on with me! I am so proud of him! After his graduation, we went to Texas Roadhouse and ate ourselves silly.


We also remodeled our bathroom (finally)!
Out with the old!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

During
 
 
 
 
 
 Loving the new!
 
 

Ethan and I took a trip south for a wedding reception in May as well. I had made a couple of matching blankets, one for me and one as a graduation gift for Shauntae. While in St George, I hit the college pool (Jordan was the lifeguard) while Ethan was building something with TJ. Jemaine and I also took a nice long walk around town, and we had date night with the Stouts to the Whitehead's reception.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Ethan ended May with a bang, quite literally. He went mountain biking with friends on Memorial Day.  About 8:30 Monday morning I got a call from his friend Matt stating that Ethan had crashed and they thought he broke his clavicle and asking what hospital to take him too. I told him to take him to AF Hospital and I would meet them there. Ethan ended up breaking his collar bone and 6 ribs down his back. Monday afternoon they transferred him to UVRMC because of the trauma and a concern that his lung was close to being punctured. He went in for surgery Monday afternoon and had his clavicle plated with a titanium plate (helping to straighten out his ribs as well.) He was released from UVRMC Thursday morning. Once Ethan was finally home, Jemaine didn't want to leave his side.
 

 
 
 

That Sunday, Ethan decided to come on a visit to see the Murrays while they were in town for a visit.

We had quite the month and were very thankful Ethan was wearing a full face helmet at the time of his crash. We are also very glad he has recovered!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, out with a bang! Sorry to hear about the crash; Jeremy crashed mountain-biking one year in St. George....scared me silly!

    Glad your hubby is okay and CONGRATULATIONS on his graduation; what an accomplishment.

    I loved those blankets you made.

    ReplyDelete