Sunday, September 8, 2013

Starting September.

Holy smokes. It just doesn't seem right that September is here! Don't get me wrong- I LOVE September, summer just went by far too quickly!

I spent Labor Day in Perry with my parents while Ethan mountain biked. I met my parents for breakfast, then there was some horseback riding, playing with Bandit, and of course Perry peaches.

While driving back to Orem, there was a large block of concrete in the freeway. My choices were to either run it over, or hit a car... I went with the concrete.... So that was fun. 

Apparently I hit the concrete just right because it totally ruined both tires and wheels on the driver side. Jemaine and I waited patiently for our tow truck driver to arrive.  We then enjoyed spending the next 55 miles getting to know our driver Brett.

I wasn't about to let it ruin our holiday, so once I made it home I whipped up a fresh peach pie. 
 The Wiests came over to join us for fresh corn, cantaloupe, and the rest of our BBQ fixings.

Tuesday started the week from Hell at work. It was miserable. 
Tuesday we also went to Discount Tires to have my car repaired. Fortunately I had paid for the road hazard warranty so they replaced the two tires (including alignment and balances) for FREE. I went ahead and had them replace my other tires as well. They were excellent to work with! Even though the accident was crummy, we are so thankful for the way everything turned out.

Wednesday we bought a truck.. which oddly enough we haven't taken a picture of yet...

Saturday I "ran" the Murdock 17. It was really 17.5 miles. I made some friends around mile 4 or 5 and stuck with them the rest of the time. I finished much longer than I had originally anticipated, but the company was excellent. So even though it wasn't my fastest (by any means), it was easily the most enjoyable long run I have ever had! After the race, and watermelon, I jogged 1.5 miles home, took the dog out for his walk, then came home to a lovely ice bath. Saturday afternoon was pretty lazy around here.


Late Saturday afternoon we watched a crazy storm blow in. After watching the clouds come in, and then watching our neighbors tree bend to a 45 degree angle, we thought we better secure everything outside. The garbage cans were moving, shingles were blowing off the roof, and the rain was coming down! 

I actually watched one of the shingles blow off the garage and come toward Ethan. It was like slow motion, but I couldn't get the words out. After the shingle hit Ethan in the head, he looked at me and asked if that was a shingle... It felt like we were in the Wizard of Oz. I wish I would have taken pictures, but we were busy living it I guess.

Saturday we went to little Olivia's first birthday party! It was great! She is a real cutie. We are lucky to have such great friends with such cute kids!

Here is to hoping this week is a little less eventful!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, oh wow. I'm sorry that was such an awful week for you but...kind of funny too. So glad that your tires were taken care of for FREE! Not fun to have the accident but at least you've experiences something I haven't.

    And the shingles!? Are you sure there was a tornado touching down and the sound of a witch cackling!? ha ha

    Yes, September already!! A beautiful time of year but I dread the upcoming snow.

    ReplyDelete