Friday evening I headed to St George after work. Because Ethan had a paper and mid-term to prepare for, he couldn't join me. I was flying solo!
Saturday morning I had a nice chat with Auntie Kris while I got ready. The bus ride was short, the porta-potty lines were long, and the weather was perfect.
It was sort of hard to take pictures while running, but it seemed to work okay. I loved that there were several other runners taking pictures along the course as well. The scenery was breathtaking.
Miles 1-7 I was feeling GREAT! I was loving it, and kept thinking "I love half marathons. This is so great. I love this beautiful scenery. I love my music, and have feeling great."
Miles 7-10 I was surprised that my body was still running pretty well. My legs were getting a bit sore, and I was not quite so in love with half marathons. In fact, I was really wishing that it was a 10k and I would have been done already.
Miles 10-12 I walked a bit, but surprisingly not very much. My legs were tired, but my lungs were okay.
Mile 12 I verbally said "this sucks." I started to walk for moment when an older lady (probably 70ish) came jogging up next to me. I looked at cute jogging grandma and in my head said "NO WAY." That gave me the motivation to finish strong.
13.1 felt pretty stinking good.
And my green running shoes made me happy every time I looked at them (which wasn't too often because the scenery was beautiful.)
After the race, I treated myself to swig. Ran some errands and got lunch with Shauntae, gathered some items from the Stouts (and taught Orvil to say cuckoo), and then treated myself to swig one more time before hitting the road home.
This morning I woke up and was way more sore than I expected. I have 4 days to get ready for the Las Vegas Ragnar. I am pretty excited and a bit nervous. Fingers crossed!
PS. I start a quilting class on Wednesday evening. I am also very excited to learn to quilt!
Steph, I think it is awesome that you are running so much! Also, I hope that you enjoy your quilting class! I sure have loved the ones that I took, I bet you will find it quite addicting:)
ReplyDelete