Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I love July.

I love July and all that comes with it. Thursday night I got off work and headed to Cedar City where I was meeting Ethan. We went to Transformers 2 and loved it.
While in Cedar I also saw a sign at Walgreens saying they had the BUMPIT for only $9.99. I don't know if any of you remember a post I did many moons about the Bumpit, but Shauntae and I saw an infomercial for it and knew one day it would be ours. So Friday on our way out of town I had to stop and get it. The guy working at Walgreens didn't quite know what to think about me buying the bumpit, especially with sooooo much enthusiasm.
Friday afternoon consisted of Ethan giving me a skimboarding lesson at the Virgin River and of course the city pool and Hydrotube with Shauntae. Friday night was great. We (Ethan, Shauntae, and I) went to dinner at Pizza Factory Express with TJ and Ang. We then headed on up to the Gunlock Rodeo. I have pictures but they are still on my camera. I will try and post them... I love the Gunlock Rodeo and everything about it. It is the closest thing to a Bracken reunion as it gets.

Saturday was the 4th and I was a happy camper. Ethan and I walked to flood street park and met Shauntae for the Tea Party. Ethan and I also tried a deep fried twinkie and had a great time at the watermelon seed spitting table... pictures of that to come as well. After the park Shauntae and I headed to the city pool and I naturally had to wear my most patriotic swimsuit (that doesn't stay on very well anymore). The next picture is not at all flattering but is relevant. I think if anyone ever asks me my most embarrassing story I will tell this one.

We were on a nice hyrdotubing/diving board jumping/laying out rotation. Well one of the times on the diving board I decided to actually do a dive. So I dive into the water and what do you think happens? go on- take a guess. If you guessed my swimsuit bottoms fell off then you would be correct. As I dive down I realize my bottoms are no longer on my bottom, but around my ankles. I quickly crossed my ankles as to prevent what could have been a truly embarrassing moment (can you imagine me coming up to the top of the pool and then having my bottoms float up on the other side of the pool... excuse me lifeguard- do you mind throwing me those swimsuit bottoms?) As I come up for air I am pulling up my bottoms and laughing hysterically. Once I start telling Shauntae we were dying... Then she points to a guy that was in his mid 40's with goggles and says- "He was underwater looking at you as you dove in." HAHAHA
Saturday night Ethan and I went to a BBQ and then for a bullet bike ride. I don't think I will ever get on one again. He went pretty slow and was careful but I just don't like them. The fireworks were fantastic. Plus I was in between Shauntae and Ethan so I loved that.

Sunday Ethan and I had to visit the instacare because he had been sick all week and we needed a solution. Turns out he has mono... I felt bad for the guy, just not bad enough to let him off the hook of moving me up to Orem. We got that taken care of Sunday night and now I just have to unpack and figure out where to put all my junk.

This weekend is promising to be wonderful. I had to pass an organic chemistry quiz from Marcus before he would agree to take me to St George Friday night. Saturday morning I am meeting with all my Bioloves for the Climb to Conquer Cancer at Snow Canyon State Park. Our team is representing ShaeLee's mom and her current battle against breast cancer. It is a worthy way to spend the morning and I am really looking forward to it. Saturday afternoon I am heading back to Orem with Shauntae to attend a wedding. (Michelle- I will be calling you tomorrow to talk to you about your bridal shower..) Now if it was just Friday already...

Oh- and I just watched the Bachelorette from last night. Wes is a jerk.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I love that and last night at FHE I took the liberty of telling anyone who would listen about your swim bottoms coming off?

    ReplyDelete