Tuesday, June 9, 2009

CRASH BOOM BANG!!

First let me start off by saying I like northern Utah. Getting up here was emotional and crazy but now that I am here I am really enjoying myself.

Friday night Ethan came up and I was SO SO happy to see his face. He got up here pretty late so we watched some wierd show on the discovery channel and called it a night. Saturday morning was fun filled. hahaha. It involved copying a million pictures at Walmart- where oddly enough I ran into Michelle and Dave! What a great couple. Saturday morning we also navigated to Harmons so I could stock up on chips and salsa. sooooo good.

Saturday afternoon Ethan and I became parents of 4. Ages? 10, 6, and twins that turn 2 in a month. We had a fun afternoon filled with kite flying, longboarding, and Popsicle eating. Saturday evening brought dinner, making cookies, a documentary of a lady with huge legs, freeze tag, hide n seek, and the movie prince Caspian.

Sunday was eventful getting the twins ready for church but some how we managed. The part that made us laugh the most is one of the twins, Will, kept calling me mom and Ethan dad. The other twin, Evie, wanted nothing to do with Ethan the entire weekend. We also got a good chuckle out of the people at church who asked if we were new in the ward... like we look old enough to have 4 kids... ha. We were happy when their real parents returned Sunday evening and we were off the clock. Sunday night we visited Ethans grandparents and they were great. Ethan got them on skype so they can talk to his mom in Hawaii and it was pretty funny.

Monday morning I kissed Ethan goodbye and headed for work. That is when I got rear-ended on the freeway (traffic was slowing but the guy behind me got the memo just a little late). No injuries and my car is still drivable. Dealing with insurance companies isn't as bad as I thought, but I am still pretty ready for my car to be whole again.

Fortunately Eth hadn't headed back to St George yet. After waiting for the highway patrol for what seemed like days- he met me at work. He then was so great to take it to get a quote so that it would be ready for me as soon as Ducky (yes- the man that hit me had a license plate that said Ducky) filed a claim. Eth and I even got to go to lunch before he headed back to the warm end of the state. I have had 2 quotes done on my little Honda. One estimate was $1000, the other was $1500. Oh thank heavens for insurance (and for the accident not being my fault).

Today is Tuesday and I plan on doing some reading and calling it a night. Joel McHale is this weekend- that is going to be so great. Plus I get to see Shauntae!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh cars...it's a love/hate relationship at times. I'm so glad your enjoying being back North and congrats on your job! I had no idea...i've been a bad blog friend. But really I would love to catch dinner one of these nights. Anytime after five. I start Tuesday and so I'll always be down your way. I'm looking for an apartment so hopefully soon I'll just be in SLC all the time. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete