Thursday night was my final Ambassador banquet. I was in the ambassador office Thursday morning and had this conversation with Curtis and DrewMe: What is the attire for tonight?
Drew: Formal
Me: Oh really? Great. Golden Corral is a real classy place so it makes sense.
Drew: Yeah- I would say wear your prom dress.
Curtis: I think that would only be appropriate
Me: Do you think my 80's prom dress is too nice for the occasion?
Curtis: not at all
Drew: it sounds perfect.
I then decided that is exactly what I would wear for the occasion. I also liked the fact that many of the ambassadors don't know me because I was the recruiting intern for the year- meaning I didn't have to go to class or activities with them and I was rarely in the office. After work I changed into my outfit and headed for a night on the town.
I loved sitting by Julie (+spouse), Amanda, Quinn, and Brandon (+spouse). We had a very funny table. My favorite part was I stuck to my story that Drew and Curtis told me it was formal and I just wanted to look nice for my last ambassador banquet. A few people would then look at Julie, or catch her in the buffet line and she would totally agree with comments like "It's true. I can't believe they would do this to her..." HA.
When they gave me my DSC blanket I gave a small speech to clear up any miscommunication. "I would just like to say that I apologize for being over dressed tonight. Curtis and Drew led me astray by telling me it was formal. I just wanted to look nice for my last banquet and well, I guess I did. Also, this was one of my dead grandmothers favorite places to eat."
The real question I had was this- Who would actually think that dress would be considered formal? I had jeans to change into but never got around to it...After the banquet I hit up the band concert at the college. It was Amanda's last performance and I was happy to see her in action.
When I got home from the concert I had to do a lot of O Chem homework. I was having a hard time so Marcus came over. Bless his heart, he was trying and trying to teach me about enolates and carbonyls and leaving groups and nucleophiles- the whole thing ended with me in tears and crying I don't get it! He stuck around a bit longer to guide me in the right direction but needless to say- I don't think he is in any hurry to study with me anytime soon.

When I got home from the concert I had to do a lot of O Chem homework. I was having a hard time so Marcus came over. Bless his heart, he was trying and trying to teach me about enolates and carbonyls and leaving groups and nucleophiles- the whole thing ended with me in tears and crying I don't get it! He stuck around a bit longer to guide me in the right direction but needless to say- I don't think he is in any hurry to study with me anytime soon.I am happy it is Friday and after work I am booking my flight from DC to Vegas! Tonight I am hoping to see Bradee and tomorrow I have a roping. I love the weekends.
Oh steph! I just love your dress ... do you think they would have it somewhere in my size?
ReplyDelete