Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Banana Pancakes and Gak

Last night when I got off work I went for a delightful horseback ride. The weather here is just too perfect sometimes. I also sat and roped the dummy with my uncle and cousin and just thoroughly enjoyed my time.

Last night was also banana pancake night. Ethan was our guest cook and did a delicious job of fixing some mighty fine banana pancakes.

After our taste buds were satisfied, I explained to Ethan, Shauntae, and Kyle- I mean Cody about how awesome chem was yesterday. Seriously- it was awesome. Let me explain why.

A- we made gak

B- we made color changing water

C- we reacted a Al with HCl to get H for our balloons. We then added some metal salts and created our own fireworks.

D- we made invisible ink with a solution to spray on the writing to make it visible

E- we made magic string

F- we made hot/cold packs

G- we made elephant toothpaste

And on the 24th we get to go my aunt's 5th grade class and demonstrate all these fun little experiments to them. As I described my lab to my banana pancakers they were rather interested and feeling the need to do some science. So we made some gak! The ratios were a little off so I think we are remaking it on Friday- but still so fun.

Today was happy because after I recruited at SCHS and before parasitology, I got to go to farewell lunch with Shauntae. I am going to miss that little squirt the next two weeks. Today was also happy because when parasitology lab got out early- instead of being a good student, I went home and had a nap. Loved it. I also declared my love for my twin during immunology. Mike didn't seem at all surprised and Elizabeth told me we could move to another state. My future is looking bright.

1 comment: